Advanced Reservoir Simulation Training
This course deals with various algorithms, concepts and the possible uses of reservoir simulators in creating dynamic reservoir models. These are used to investigate reservoir behaviour, optimise reservoir performance, design complex wells, estimate uncertainties and form the basis for risk assessment. New developments combined with new simulation techniques so as to eliminate most of the drawbacks of conventional simulation methods and make predictions more reliable are also dealt with.
Designed for you, if you are…
An experienced reservoir engineer
In possession of basic skills in reservoir engineering and reservoir simulation
Experienced to some extent in the use of commercial reservoir simulators
How we build your confidence
You will be encouraged to engage in discussions on your experience with simulation studies. Best practices and simulation artefacts are explained with examples useful for project work. Exchange among participants during the course is stimulated to optimize the learning event.
The benefits from attending
By the end of the course you will feel more confident in your understanding of:-
- Artefacts and the benefits of reservoir simulation
- Different gridding technologies, their advantages and disadvantages
- When reservoir models are fit-for-purpose and when to expect instabilities
- How to perform data quality checks on input data and resulting simulation model
- Different history matching approaches
- Black-oil vs. compositional simulation
- Formulation details in dual porosity / dual permeability models and their consequences
- History and classification of reservoir simulators
- Review of rock and fluid properties for simulation deck input
- Upgridding and upscaling
- General purpose formulation and discretization methods used for black-oil and EOS compositional simulators
- Gridding – structured and unstructured gridding approaches, Cartesian grids, Corner point grids, Voronoi grids
- Modelling vertical and sloping faults in simulation
- Representing wells in the reservoir simulation model
- Solution methods and tuning parameter
- Initialization of reservoir simulation models
- History matching
- Compositional reservoir simulation
- Simulation of fractured reservoirs – numerical model, matrix-fracture exchange, recovery processes
- Certificate, Quality Training Kit (Pencil case: Erase, Bolpoint, Pencil, Tipe X, Stabillo, Flash Disk 8 GB.
- Bag (Public Training)
- Training Material (Hand Out & Soft Copy)
- Convenient training facilities in stars hotel (Public Training)
- Lunch 1x and Coffee Break 2x / Day (Public Training)
- Gratis antar Jemput dari Bandara/Stasiun ( Khusus Yogyakarta )
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.