Training Power System Blackouts and Restoration: Causes, Prevention, Automatic Protection Schemes, Graphic
Major blackouts are caused by failing to conduct rigorous long term planning studies of the electrical system; and neglect to conduct appropriate multiple contingency or extreme condition assessment. Also the lack of sufficient voltage analysis and use of operational voltage criteria that do not reflect actual voltage stability conditions and needs can lead to catastrophic blackouts. Reliability requirements and standards must be followed during the system operation. The security of the transmission system must be ensured under all conditions. Usually major blackout can result in major loss of revenue, business interruptions, communication interruptions, security and bad quality of supply
- To provide electric system planners, designers and operators with concepts, tools and methodologies essential to address modern-day issues of competition, open access, wheeling and new technology in system planning
- How to improve the quality of supply in A.C power system
- Necessary steps to prevent cascading blackouts
The training methodology is interactive with group exercises and is suitable for all employees involved in functions management. The pace and level of the training workshop is customized to the understanding of the delegates. Ongoing back-up and support is available after the training on request to the supplier, and the training course is also available for in-house presentation as well as for “Competency Transfer”
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is intended for junior & senior electrical engineers working in operation, planning maintenance, protection, control and analysis of utilities & industrial electrical networks
Blackout causes overview
- Voltage instability initiating blackouts
- Induction motors role in triggering blackout
- Cold rush current effects on blackout
- Blackout prevention by general & network voltage control
- Blackout prevention by loads voltage stabilization
Blackout preventive measures
- How and why the blackout begin
- Causes of the blackout and violations of standards.
- Under-frequency and under-voltage load shedding
Planning criteria and reliable operation of power grid
- Reliability organizations
- Key parties in the pre-cascade phase
- Review of international practice
- Representing reliability measures and customer costs
- Contingency analysis
- Ranking and screening methods
- Defining a study area
- Handling divergence, islanding, relying events
- Measuring customer impact
Transfer limit analysis
- Thermal and voltage limits
- Defining transfer conditions
- PV curses for normal and contingency condition
- Transient stability
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, dll serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore , Kuala Lumpur. (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda)