Wire Rope Inspection Training
Those with a working knowledge of wire ropes and involved in the inspection, statutory examination, and/or safe use of wire rope in service. It is also suitable for those who are involved with, or give advice to, users of wire rope and associated equipment/products.
The aims of the course are to provide selected delegates with: –
- The skills and knowledge needed to apply the statutory requirements for examination and/or removal of wire rope in service.
- A thorough grounding of wire rope construction, effects on rope performance and applications, and factors causing rope deterioration.
- A thorough knowledge of safe use and handling of wire rope in accordance with their operations and the requirements of the Health and Safety legislation.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to: –
- Apply the statutory requirements for Inspection/examination of wire rope in service.
- Demonstrate knowledge of wire rope terminology, constructions, characteristics and effect on rope performance, safe use & handling, and applications, through a short written test.
- Get the best out of their products whilst maintaining a safe working environment.
- Carry out wire rope Inspections and/or examinations.
- The Responsibilities and Primary Functions of a Rope Inspector/Examiner
- Wire Rope Manufacturing – an introduction to manufacturing processes and testing
- Rope terminology – up to date information on the different types of rope available, how they are designated and how they are classified
- A practical assessment of steel wire rope characteristics including an appreciation of rope strength, flexibility, fatigue, wear, abrasion, rotation and elongation.
- Rope Deterioration including Rope terminations Good, bad and indifferent
- Inspection/Examination Procedures
- Discard/Retirement Criteria and Cumulative (combined) effects of deterioration found
- Records and reports
- Examples of used (failed) wire ropes
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, dll serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore , Kuala Lumpur. (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda)