Training Energy Industry Applications of GIS
This course specifically looks at one segment of the energy sector, but the concepts learned here can be transferred to siting gas and oil pipelines, wind and solar farms, and conventional energy projects. Geographic information systems (GIS) are used to help maintain these far-flung and extremely expensive energy infrastructures. GIS is also used to help determine optimal routes for pipelines and transmission lines as energy demand and production increase, and as the grid is extended to connect to new energy sources and consumers. The course provides hands-on experience with a common decision support technology and considers how the technology may be used to facilitate public participation in siting decisions. Participants will learn what type of data is required to do a siting study using GIS, where to find the data, what kind of spatial analysis can use for energy industry and how can use those. Participants will also learn the importance of using metadata, or data about data, to determine data usability, accuracy, and relevance.
- Citing case studies of ways in which GIS is used in the energy industry for facilities management and decision support;
- Explaining how GIS can be used to facilitate public participation in facilities siting decisions;
- Identifying the criteria that must be considered, identifying optimal routes for energy delivery and transmission networks;
- Creating a routing analysis for an electricity transmission project using GIS; and
- Critiquing a routing analysis and propose alternative criteria and/or solutions.
Who Should Attend?
- Energy/ Petroleum /Environment engineers
- Technical/reservoir engineers
- Governmental authorities
- Decision makers/ investors in energy sector
- Consultants and Contractors
- Service Providers
- GIS managers
- Definition and Characteristics of GIS
- Components of a GIS
- ArcMap Basics
- Understanding GIS Data Types
- GIS Data Sources
- Using Symbology to Analyze the Data
- Projection Basics
- Bringing Data Into ArcGIS and Publishing Out of ArcGIS
- Joins and Relates
- Asking Questions of Your Data – Ask
- Tables and Analysis t just
- Creating GIS Data
- Intermediate Editing Advanced Editing
- Labeling Features
- Advanced Layouts
- Buffering: Point, Line, Area buffers
- Proximity Tools: Point Distance, Near, Neighbors Analysis
- Overlay Tools: Erase, Identity, Intersect, Spatial Join, Union Analysis
- Extract Tools: Clip, Split, Select, Table Select Analysis
- Statistics Tools: Frequency, Summary Statistics Analysis
- Digitization of electrical network assets
- Consumer service line mapping and asset
- Role of GIS in preventing power pilferage
- Role of GIS as decision support system in power transmission
- Network analysis
- Creating geometric network
- Editing network features
- Finding the best route using a network dataset
- GIS based distribution system planning
- Site suitability mapping,
- Controlling network behavior
- Find upstream and downstream features
- Calculating service areas and creating an OD cost matrix
- Surface Analysis
- Digital Elevation Model (DEM) and Digital Terrain Model (DTM)
- Contouring, Hill Shading and Perspective View (3D viewing)
- Slope and Aspect Analysis
- Case studies: Electricity distribution
- Create a professional web mapping application with ArcGIS Online WebApp builder
- Create an online story map
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized Live Online Training, Public and In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, dll serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore , Kuala Lumpur. (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda)