HVAC Systems Fundamentals & Heating, Ventilation and Air-conditioning (HVAC) Systems
Mastering fundamentals and operation principles of HVAC systems is a must for designers and operators of such systems. This course covers fundamentals of HVAC systems starting from psychometric calculations to design of air conditioning cycles. Load calculations, distribution, system selection, control, and energy conservation of HVAC systems are all covered in this course. Topics are introduced to individuals who have no or little background on the subject while also providing a valuable information resource to personnel having experience with HVAC systems.
This program is designed for engineers and technicians from a wide range of abilities and backgrounds and will provide an excellent introduction to the fundamentals of Heating, Ventilation and Air-conditioning. It commences with a review of psychometric charts and then examines the factors that influence design choices, indoor air quality, load calculations and heating/ventilation and air-conditioning systems. Numerous tips and tricks throughout the program make it very practical and topical to your applications.
Ether it is a small warehouse or a complex hi-rise building, there is an increasing demand by Owners and Engineers to design and install the HVAC & R systems in a more efficient and cost-effective manner. Due to the ongoing advances in HVAC & R technology, this demand is becoming a must and often controlled by new governmental regulations and engineering codes.
Upon the successful completion of this program, the participant will be able to:
- Understand and apply the psychometric chart
- Design for good air quality
- Perform basic load calculations
- Minimize forced outages and prevent serious damage to HVAC Equipment
- Provide an overview of the legislative requirements plus the essential steps and responsibilities for the maintenance and repair of HVAC Systems
- Outline the technologies available for the efficient energy management using HVAC systems
Who Should attend?
Design and project engineers and technologists, plant and facility engineers, consultants, mechanical engineers and technologists and operation personnel and other technical personnel who need to upgrade/refresh their current knowledge of HVAC systems.
- Plant engineers
- Inspection and repair managers, supervisors and engineers
- Mechanical engineers and technicians
- Design engineers, electrical engineers and technicians, consulting engineers
Fundamentals of HVAC:
- Refrigeration cycle
- Type of systems
- Type of Refrigerants
- Type of compressors
- Type of Fans such as backwards fans, forwards fans and centrifugals fans.
Determination of Moist Air Properties and the Use of Psychometrics Chart
- Moist air properties
- The psychometric chart
- Moist air processes
Calculations of Air Conditioning Cycles (Systems)
- Bypassed, return and outdoor air
- Capacity of refrigerating plant
- Effect of heat gains in ductwork
Determination of Space Conditions – Comfort Zone
- Comfort-physiological considerations
- Environmental comfort indices
- Comfort conditions
Cooling/Heating Load Calculations
- Design temperature differences
- Quantity of heat to be removed
- Conduction heat gains
- People load
- Loads due to lights and equipment.
- Infiltration load
- Ventilation load
- Radiant and solar heat gains
Design of Air Distribution System (Duct Design)
- Total, static and velocity pressures
- Changes in pressure in a duct
- Loss in static pressure due to friction
- Fan laws and fan performance curves
- System characteristic curves
- Fan selection
- Duct design
Operation of HVAC System Selection and Control
- System selection.
- Control devices
- Types of control systems
- Basic control theory
- Determination of energy conservation opportunities (ECOs) in HVAC Systems
- Diagnostics and refining
- Implementation and maintenance
- Economic considerations.
- Heat load of a room.
- Heat load of a multi room complex.
- The cooling capacity.
- The airflow rate.
- The fresh air requirements.
- The DX systems.
- The chilled water systems.
- Chilled water flow rates & piping sizing.
Chilled water pumps selection.
Building Management System and Control System
DX system piping sizing.
Typical piping connections “DX units, chillers, pumps, AHU’s and FCU’s”.
Insulation thickness & the criteria for condensation prevention.
The behavior of the fruit/vegetable after harvesting.
- How cold stores can extend the life of the products.
- How to decide the cold room dimensions
- The heat load of the cold room. (Chilling, frozen products, Potato and Onions)
Cold stores design
- Pre-cooling. “Wet cooling”.
- Selection of the refrigeration system components.
- The insulation panels and doors.
- The docks “Levelers, shelters and doors”.
- Ventilation for potato and onions.
- Reference data and tables.
- As built hand over package documentation after completion of installation
- Records and book keeping
- Questions and answers
- Case study
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training ( Harga, Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami.
- Pelatihan ini dapat di-customized sesuai kebutuhan perusahaan Anda bila diselenggarakan dalam bentuk In-House Training. Untuk permintaan In-House Training dengan jenis topik lainya, silahkan mengirimkan ke alamat email yang tercantum di web kami.
- Request Training. Jika anda membutuhkan informasi pelatihan yang belum tercantum pada website ini, atau anda ingin memberikan usulan materi yang sesuai dengan tingkat kebutuhan perusahaan anda, silahkan mengirimkan ke alamat emailyang tercantum.
- Bila tidak ada tanggal dan waktu atau yang tercantum sudah kadaluarsa didalam artikel mohon tanyakan kepada kami untuk jadwal terbarunya.